OMG, there’s just so much to discuss right now.
1. Madonna & Me is officially OUT! It’s published! It lives! It’s on shelves! It’s on the Internet! It’s (hopefully) on your bookshelf or your Kindle! You get my point. The book hath been published. Go buy it right now. You will love it, I promise.
2. HuffPost Women had a huge Madonna & Me spread on its front page yesterday! It was super-exciting. They ran a slightly modified version of my essay from the book, as well as a slideshow of cute “Madonna-fied” images of kids dressed up like Madonna (reprinted from the Madonna & Me website). Yay all around! Go read my HuffPo essay here, and leave a comment if you’re feeling generous.
3. Today I was interviewed for this cool website 12 Questions. I talked about a bunch of random stuff, like movies and books and what I want my headstone to read when I die. You will find that Q&A right here.
4. If you are one of the lucky few to have already read Madonna & Me, will you consider making me exceptionally happy by writing a customer review of the book on Amazon? It would mean the world to me. Thank you!
5. The San Francisco launch party for Madonna & Me is going to be INSANELY FUN! It’s happening on March 29 at the Cat Club in SF. There will be three contributors (Wendy Tokunaga, Kelly Keenan Trumpbour, and Marisela Huerta) reading from the book from 8-9, and then hours and hours of dancing to ’80s and Madonna music. The reading will be part of the club’s themed Madonna Night, and there will be giveaways, plus copies of the book for sale. Plus lots of sweaty, cute Madonna-lovers dancing their asses off. And I’ll even be there, live and in person, wearing something lacy and neon. If you live in SF, please come check it out!