Sorry for the long absence. Happy almost-February. Good things are happening over here. January has turned out to be an excellent month in terms of freelance assignments, and I think/hope it’s just a sign of the awesomeness to come in 2013. I’m working on some fun pieces for magazines I’ve always wanted to break into. Fingers crossed it’ll all go off without a hitch. Stay tuned for more details to come…
I’m also working on a proposal for a new book I want to write — I’m super-psyched about that prospective project, but want to keep mum on the details for now. Hopefully there will be news I can share around that, too, sometime in the not-too-distant future.
- I’m moving back to NYC (Brooklyn, obvs) this spring! I left NY for SF back in 2005, and though I love the Bay Area, it’s just really really… FAR. I.e. far from my roots and my family & friends. I feel ready to be back on the East Coast again, at least for a while; who knows where I’ll end up in the long run.
- I wrote a piece for Cosmopolitan magazine that was supposed to come out this month, but was held (sad-face) for a future issue. I’ll let you know when it comes out.
- My apocalyptic pop-culture book, The End: 50 Apocalyptic Visions From Pop Culture That You Should Know About…Before It’s Too Late, got nominated for a “Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers” by the American Library Association! Very cool.
- I wrote this essay about my sugar addiction for The Fix. It got picked up by Salon, which always thrills me.
- Back in August I wrote this piece about FOMO (“fear of missing out”) for TheFix. Then I wrote about sober friendships for them.
- Wrote this piece about awesome female journalists for VitaminW.
That’s about it for now. More soon…